Friday, July 25, 2008

"it's a celebration bitches"-conversation : dineo bopape & simmi dullay via gchat


1:54 simmi: hmmm...very confusing
i cant understand most of it

21:55 me: okay, so 2 actors will be performing a conersation that X and i had whilst we were together
a fight
that happened via email/chat
simmi: ya got that
ok
me: and they will be doing this performance without announcing it
and will seek a witness
21:56 at the openning to perform it for
simmi: from audience?
me: yes
so they will appear like part of the people coming to see the work/shw
21:57 but they will be performing this email conv/fight
simmi: ok...so its a juxtaposition of reality versus the staged versus the virtual
me: and then they will be meeting each other over and over again
yes
simmi: aha!
exciting
me: so the performance of a real relationshin
21:58
and the performative things that happen in relationships
simmi: yes
me: and them also having to perform themselves
staging their meeting
staging the first conversation that happened between them
21:59 simmi: ok...how was their meeting?
me: when they first met today in my apt
nothing special
simmi: oh
me: just both excited about meeting another actor so curious about things they had done b4

simmi: ok
22:00 me: asking each other questing that would reveal more about themselves to each other
simmi: but the audience will be kept in the dark
me: yes
simmi: as the performance will be intergrated in the moment
me: but they will keep on seing the coupl e being in the same fight over and over again
so that may be a clue
22:01 simmi: yes...i thought of that
r u part of performing?

me: and there is a monitor which will play outside
of their first reading of the script
yes and no
i will not be iterracting w them
simmi: cool
22:02 its a deconstruction of a performance
me: yes
:)
that sounds col
cool
22:03 i think the actual work happened at the time of the rehearsal of the performance
simmi: though ambivilant or works within the possibility of duality contained in every source/concept

me: the taping of the first reading
22:04 the duality between:real and virtual/past/present/
22:05 simmi: no i mean that although its a deconstruction of perfomance
the performance branches out into the audience and continues to reinvent it self
me: yes
22:06 it reinvens itself
i guess for the audience
but for the performers,
it is
simmi: also the repetition or mirroring and its existance being played out on various stages of communication
me: something else but i dunno what
yes
simmi: simultaniously
22:07 me: the mirror-ing
simmi: very bloody complex and deep
me: yes yes yes
i am having a cosmic orgasm now
simmi: u sooo lovely and crazy
22:08 well i should have written ur review
it could be quite funny to write the review with out seing it
22:09
me: oh please do
on phoe
phone
simmi: within context to how energy reverbrates
22:12 or how things exist within consciousness
19 minutes
22:31 me: hey sorry simms
22:32 i'm back on
hey i would love for you to do a review on it!
and i think it would be interesting because you would not have been at the performance
22:33 how would that work
it would be interesting to do a video podcast of it

1 comment:

simmi said...

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE YOUR BLOG, BABYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
its to hot!

xxx